Mid Winter Classic Status Update (2/26 – 11:30 am)

An official announcement will be made tonight around 6:30 pm about the status of the race tomorrow. We will post an announcement here on theĀ race website, on ourĀ Facebook fan page, and through email to all registered participants. Until 2:00 pm today we will only be handing out shirts for those who bought one at the Maine Running Company store, and not bibs. If the race happens we will hand out shirts and bibs tomorrow morning starting at 8:00am. We REALLY want to do this race. However, given the current weather forecast Cape Elizabeth police will not allow us to put on the race. Unless the forecast changes significantly by 6:00pm tonight the race will be cancelled, and it will not be postponed to a different date. If the forecast does change by 6:00 pm so that the race is allowed to proceed as planned we will post that announcement. The race cannot happen if there is any precipitation coming down at 9:30am on Sunday or if there are any snowplows on the road at that time. If the race is cancelled please do not come to the Cape Elizabeth High School. If the race is cancelled we will make all unclaimed shirt available for pickup at the Maine Running Company store in Portland starting on Monday, 2/28.


Comments are closed.